Senior Art Director
Are you ready for a new challenge that will take you out of your comfort zone and bring out the best in you? Meridian Group’s creative team has an immediate opening for a Senior Art Director to serve our expanding portfolio of clients. Must love the challenge of discovering what makes consumers “click”. We have good benefits, great clients, and we love to have fun.
Ideal candidates have 5+ years agency experience and a strong portfolio to prove it. We’re looking for someone who can produce clear ideas and concepts, understand marketing initiatives and positioning, and take work from concept to final execution within deadlines. They stay on top of all trends and maintain best practices, and cooperate with the rest of the creative team across different types of media.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Summer Fridays (leave early on Friday to live your life!).
Email your resume and your online portfolio to email@example.com. PDF portfolios also accepted. No phone calls please.
Art Director / Graphic Designer
Our creative team has an immediate opening for a creative Art Director to serve our expanding portfolio of clients. Must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and love the challenge of discovering what makes consumers “click”. You will cooperate with a design-savvy team to devise overall concepts and you’ll be doing it all just a few minutes from the ocean front in Virginia Beach, VA. We have good benefits, great clients, and we love to have fun.
* 3+ years agency experience preferred.
* Strong web or digital portfolio a must.
* Generate clear ideas and concepts in tandem with the agency team
* Produce sketches, storyboards, and roughs to visualize ideas
* Understand marketing initiatives, strategic positioning, and target audience
* Cooperate with the rest of the creative team across different types of media
* Take work from concept to final execution within deadlines
* Present completed ideas to clients/team members
* Stay on top of all trends and maintain best practices
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Summer Fridays
- Vision insurance
Email your resume and online portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. PDF portfolios also accepted. No phone calls please.
Public Relations Counselor
The ideal Public Relations Counselor will be an organized multi-tasker with the seamless ability to garner superior media relations results for clients, assist in overall strategic development, report on the ROI delivered, and bring creative insight toward exceeding client expectations with all projects.
An understanding of news in all formats (broadcast, print, online) as well as social media and marketing is a must, as is a thorough knowledge of the research, strategy, and outreach necessary to gain positive coverage for clients across all mediums. A working knowledge of planning and executing special events designed to attract media attention is expected.
PR Counselors interact with clients on a day-to-day basis and are responsible for seeing beyond current client needs to anticipate and develop strategies for future growth and success. This role will also have oversight of PR Assistant positions and interns at the Meridian Group, and will assist in mentoring them and helping them prepare for future growth with the agency.
PR Counselors are expected to maintain an in-depth understanding of the internal and external forces affecting client business, maintain and analyze competitive and category research and data. A strong writing ability is a pre-requisite for this position, and writing duties will include public relations plans, proposals, press releases, editorials and opinion pieces, news releases
What we’d like to see:
- Three to six years of agency or hands-on client public relations experience
- Innate problem-solving abilities coupled with the capability to develop creative solutions that achieve measurable results for clients
- Thorough knowledge of the principles of public relations and social media, and how they fit into and complement comprehensive marketing campaigns
- Extensive experience and success with media relations, including traditional and non-traditional pitching, story idea development, targeted media placements and relationship building
- Understanding of and ability to articulate the return on investment for clients
- Strong writing skills with a thorough understanding of AP Style, excellent grasp of grammar, and the ability to produce materials under pressure and on deadline
- Working knowledge of planning and executing special events
Salary commensurate with experience.
Note: This is an in-office position; however, we do have a flexible hybrid work schedule with ability for remote-work flex time.
If you think you have what it take to join the dynamic PR team at Meridian Group, please send a cover letter and resume to Bill Brunell at email@example.com.
Public Relations Intern
Meridian Group’s public relations team seeks a motivated team player with a flair for communications. Responsibilities may include: assisting public relations team with day-to-day account projects, monitoring trends, editing and writing press releases, media relations activities, developing editorial calendars, conducting basic research and contribute to brainstorming sessions. Opportunity to learn about public relations, advertising and interactive disciplines and attend professional development seminars. Internship is unpaid but can be used for school credit. Remote internship opportunities are available.
Applications are accepted for fall, spring and summer cohorts.
Applicant qualifications should include:
- Excellent communications skills, writing ability and computer skills a MUST.
- Prior internship experience preferred, but not required.
- Understanding of AP style a plus.
- Must be available 20 hours per week during the semester.
Email your resume with cover letter and applicable writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.